Friday, March 27, 2015

Fan Art Round-Up: Sakura Haruno


Naruto Fan Art Gallery featuring Sakura Haruno
[ Previously: Hinata Hyuuga, Naruto, Sasuke Uchiha Fan Art Round-Ups ]

I've been a fan of the Naruto anime almost since the start.  In college, I was a member of a club that screened fan dubbed anime for kids in the Eastern language department, and Naruto was among the first anime series (along with Wolf's Rain and The Getbackers) I'd ever seen.

It was a bit bittersweet for me, you can imagine, when the series concluded last November.  I've missed watching it, but even more, I've missed chatting online with the people who keep the fandub community going.

I was relieved when I read when Shonen Jump magazine announced that a spinoff manga mini-series Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki (Naruto Spinoff: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Month) will launch on April 27.  It'll be a great excuse to reconnect with people on the old IRC channels.

Here, I've gathered some of the best Sakura fan art from around the web to celebrate.  She started the series as my least favorite character, but I think that it's fair to say that, aside from the title character, she grew the most as a character through the course of the series.  That's rare enough in an animated character and doubly so in a female character, so here's our homage to one of the toughest chicks in anime!

As usual, if you know of more exceptional fan art that we've overlooked, drop us a line below, in the comments.






"Sakura Haruno" by Egypt-based Amira Tanany (Tannany)


"Starry eyes" by Canada-based CitrusGun








"Haruno Sakura" by Canada-based Sunstark






"Sakura" by Russia-based Lilya (Gamma-chan)




"Sakura" by Canada-based Sushi (Sakimichan)


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...