Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Link Round-Up: August 26, 2014

Shingeki No Kyojin Fan Art by Jarreau Wimberly

"Shingeki No Kyojin!!!" by Jarreau Wimberly (Reau)

Event: Gallery 1988 has announced a Joss Whedon art show!

Angelica Paez is a Texas-based collage artist whose works are wonderfully surreal and weird. She is also a collaborator in the decades-long One Thousand Thousand project, which aims to produce one million hand-made, original artworks.

Mallory Ortberg at The Toast offers an appreciation of Ralph Wiggum, which goes very well with this YouTube video highlighting Ralph's finest moments.

Watch abstract "art" being made by hermit crabs presumably just before being sold for at obscene price to someone with far too much money on their hands. [SLYT]

Weta sculpture of Harry Knowles as Jabba.

When Google's augmented reality mobile game intrudes into your real life:
That afternoon, someone attacked the portal I’d been maintaining outside my office. “Sorry,” I blurted, jumping up from my desk. “Someone is attacking my triangles.” 
I rushed outside and around the corner and stood beside the portal. It was a bike rack shaped like a pennyfarthing bicycle. Someone was hitting it with XMP blasts. Every time they destroyed my low-level resonators, I’d put up another one. It was giving me a lot of XP. The attacker was probably getting annoyed. 
Suddenly, a tiny middle-aged woman burst from an alley and started hurrying toward me, eyes locked on her phone. I limped away as fast as I could and hid behind a tree. I stood behind that tree for three minutes, tapping away at my own phone. I fought her off. Then I went back inside my office and informed everyone there that I had just scared off the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...